Leasehold enfranchisement, lease extension & buying the freehold
Whether you are buying or selling residential property, our solicitors can guide you smoothly through the transaction, offering expert advice and a proven record in the field of property conveyancing. If buying a home, as our client we will help alleviate the stress of the process by:
• Obtaining the title deeds and contract from the vendor’s solicitors;
• Ensuring good title can be passed on to you;
• Arranging the receipt of completion monies from your Bank or Building Society;
• Checking if any duties – such as Stamp Duty Land Tax – are payable;
• Registering you as the new owner of the property and forwarding title deeds to your Lender.
If you are selling residential property, contact us as soon as your home is on the market and our solicitors will obtain your title documents and prepare a contract, then, once a sale has been agreed, we can help you by:
• Applying for property certificates and searches;
• Sending the contract and documents of title to the purchaser;
• Assisting in answering pre-contract enquiries and completing a fixtures and fittings schedule;
• Arranging for you to sign the contract;
• Obtaining a redemption statement from your Lender;
• Receiving completion monies on your behalf on your move day
Our solicitors understand that the needs of those buying commercial properties differ from those of purchasers of residential property.
We can help whether you are buying or selling as an individual, a small business, or a large company. We specialise in:
• Purchase and sale of all types of commercial property;
• Commercial leases / business tenancies
Whether you are buying or selling residential property, our solicitors in London can guide you smoothly through the transaction, offering expert advice and a proven record in the field of property conveyancing. If buying a home, as our client we will help alleviate the stress of the process by:
• Acquisition of land;
• Preparation and set-up of booklets of title for prospective purchasers;
• Planning permission and building control;
• Removal and modification of restrictive covenants to facilitate development
Stonewood solicitors have the experience and expertise to offer an effective, rapid service throughout the process of re-mortgaging your home, from initially obtaining title deeds all the way to paying off an existing mortgage and handing over balance monies.
We will ensure that at all stages procedures and the process is properly explained in order that you are able to make decisions secure in the knowledge that you do so with the expert advice and information our solicitors offer.
Leasehold enfranchisement, lease extensions & buying the freehold
Your lease is a depreciating asset; the shorter it gets the less value it has. Subject to certain conditions you may have the right to extend your lease. You no longer need to actually live in the property to exercise these rights.
As a group of qualifying leaseholders you may also exercise your right to buy the block from the freeholder, again you do not necessarily need to live in the block to organise this.
It will also be cheaper for you to extend your lease or buy the freehold if you still have in excess of 80 years left unexpired on your lease.
The Right to Manage is a “no fault” right to take over the management of your property, subject to certain conditions being fulfilled. It may be the solution if your property is being poorly managed and you are unable or unwilling to purchase the freehold.
We are able to offer advice and assistance on lease hold enfranchisement, lease extensions and in relation to all of the matters above and would be happy to arrange a visit to your block to discuss the matter with the leaseholders or resident’s association. If you are yet to set up a residents association we can also assist you with this